Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby Boy




I did this cake on Friday for a little boy baby shower. I loved the way the Teddy Bear turned out. He looked good enough to pick up and hug. I have come up with a new edible sugar glue which has helped my fondant work. The cake was Vanilla White Chocolate, with a filling of White Chocolate Buttercream and a layer of raspberry. The White Chocolate Filling also has a thin layer of pure White Chocolate over the raspberry...to give it a slight crunch. Yum!


With the left over white choc. buttercream and the extra cake from leveling it, we made "Halloween Cake Balls". I wish I would have taken a picture of them. My daughter did a fantastic job and they all said they were very tasty. She did ghost, pumpkins, witches, skeletons,and mummy's. We got the idea off of the "Bakerella" web site. She is the lady that pioneered the cake balls on Martha....hers looked slightly neater than ours! :)