Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ahh! Were did I go?

These are the Mint Cookie Topped Brownies, daughter number two said, "Mom if you have any extras...don't be nice like you usually do and tell people that they can take them home...Bring them home to ME!"


I can not believe it has actually been almost a month since I have blogged....does this mean I haven't baked? What do you think.....With a bountiful Thanksgiving in the recent past , I am sad to say that I did not take any pictures of our feast. I did however make Paula Dean's "Pumpkin Gooey Bars", and while that night I thought they were heavenly.....Pregnancy induced throwing up all night made me not touch them again. I actually threw them out today...But alas do not discourage you from making them....unless you are big bellied also.




Today I have made a HUGE pan of Brownies for a church party. I topped the entire pan with a whipped chocolate cream cheese frosting....and then spread a criminal amount of rich chocolate ganache over the top of that. With half of the pan I then sprinkled salty toffee bits and milk chocolate, and the other half I chopped up the most decedent mint chocolate cookies you can get your hands on (thanks Costco...if you see them BUY THEM!) I also made a small batch of Cream Cheese Brownies just to add a little bit more to the tray.

No comments: