Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh Baby Boy!




I made this cake for a baby shower. The cake came on a week when I had a million reasons why I should be laying in bed doing nothing...but alas time does not just stop when we want it to...unless your 1 year old and you rule the house ;)

The cake was to be a 10 inch on the bottom, and a 6 inch on the top. The dimensions were this, however...it morphed beyond control. This cake turned out HUGE! In part because I made a triple layer for both the 10inch, and the 6 inch. I also torted all layers to put in extra filling layers. It was heavy. The flavors were Vanilla Almond with butter-cream on the bottom, and Chocolate Fudge Cake with a Chocolate Fudge Toffee Crunch filling on the 6 inch. I really love this teddy bear cake. I was a bit skeptical when she said turquoise but ended up loving the color combo.

1 comment:

Ashley Wing said...

I love the bear. so cute!