Friday, February 26, 2010

Teachers Birthday








I made this cake for my daughters school teacher. The cake was 2 layers of chocolate fudge, and 1 layer of vanilla butter...I then layered it with chocolate cream cheese fudge. I wanted her to be able to have a small cake to take home and share with her husband. The design was simple...but I just loved it. Purple is her favorite color. The cupcakes were for her class...both vanilla and chocolate fudge. I doubt those 4th graders appreciated the rich, natural, fresh ingredients or the time I spent making them...do you think they can even tell the difference between grocery store and mine?...I know that my kiddos can..my Emily always comments on store bought, "mom, all that I could taste was shortening and powdered sugar" makes a mom proud :)


No comments: